Did you know that millions of people expose themselves and their families to potentially fatal electrical accidents in the home by making simple mistakes. This can be down to a lack of knowledge about the dangers of electricity.
It is important to make sure that the electrical installation in your home in Hampshire is well maintained, for that we recommend that you use a qualified local registered electrician in Hampshire to check that it is safe.
Saying that, there are a number of simple, visual electrical checks that you can carry out yourself for free:
- Check that you have RCD protection in your fusebox
- Make sure that your plug sockets are not overloaded. You can use the Socket Overload Calculator HERE to check this
- Ensure that your plugs, sockets and cables are not damaged and in good condition
- Check that all your lights are not damaged
- Make sure you are not storing combustible materials around your fusebox or electricity meter
If you follow these 5 simply steps, you will help to reduce the risk of electrical accidents in your home.