[email protected]    01252 414 041

How to Fit a New Consumer Unit / Fuse Board in Yateley, Hampshire

Now, moving on to the replacement of the consumer unit. My choice as always is to use MK as they have always proven reliable and top quality. I also recommend RCBO's as these provide the ultimate protection and discretion by way of each circuit being individually RCD and overcurrent protected and not taking out other circuits during faults.

During installation, I used an IP 66 Wiska gland to maintain the IP rating around the incoming supply tails / cables.

Wiska Cable Gland IP Rated in Consumer Unit I then used ferrels to terminate the flying leads from the RCBO to shorten and re-terminate as you should if they are cut.

I used intumescent acrylic sealant to seal around the cable hole into the void above the consumer unit to maintain the fire protection.

I put shoe protectors on and vacuumed the whole house with my Henry.

I then finished up by supplying building control the relevant notification for the works I had carried out and an electrical installation certificate ( privileges of using an approved NICEIC member means I can self-certify my own work )

I put labels on the customer unit to warn there are now mixed coloured cables in the property (black/red and Brown/Blue).

Lastly, I put next to the new consumer unit a test date and resetting instructions and attached a legible circuit schedule with the type and composition of circuits along with descriptive circuit locations.

Phase 1 Electrical Services Ltd

48 Maple Gardens, Yateley, Hampshire GU466JQ

Opening Times Monday - Friday 08:00 - 18:00 Proudly Serving Customers Throughout Hampshire, Berkshire and Surrounding Areas